Stock control feature is used to show how much stock you have at any one time and for keep track of it. This feature is recommended for product oriented business. If your business is only service orientented and you don't sell items you can disable this option.
To enable / disable stock control go to settings.
When stock control feature is enabled there is some changes in program. Product detail window looks little different and contains additional fields.
- Stock. This is amount of stock. Use add/substract buttons to change amount of your stock.
- Stock low level. Identifying a minimum stock level. This is your re-order point.
- Supplier. Identifying the provider (vendor) of this product. To select supplier for this product first you have to add new supplier on customers page.
- Cost. Cost price (purchase price).
- Profit. If cost price is determined profit will be calculated. This value is result of subtraction purchase cost from price you sell it for.
System will notify you when stock reaches low level. Fields colored pale red mean that stock reached minimum level. Red color mean that stock is zero. Moreover system does not allow add more items to invoice than your stock.
If some of your products doesn't belong to your stock you can use "control this item" option to enable/disable stock control for particular items. If this field is unchecked (disabled) program will not control this item so you can add items to invoice even if there is not enough in stock. Also program will not subtract items from stock when you add items to invoice.
When stock control is enabled on products list are new columns like Stock, Cost, Total cost, Total price and Total profit. On the bottom is summary row which show you Total profit. Note that profit calculation doesn't work for services only with Products.
- Stock control works only with Products and does not work with Services.
- Stock control works only with Invoices and does not work with Quotation and Proforma.